Monday, June 26, 2006

Back From Semi-Hiatus

It's not too difficult to believe that I've been neglecting this little fledgling blog for a couple weeks now, but then quite a bit has happened within that time frame. For one, I finally got a full-time job through a temp agency, meaning that there's less time to just relax at home or to stay up late during the week.

I've also experienced much frustration in trying to put Windows and Linux on the same system, only to incorrectly remove Linux so that Windows wouldn't start, then having to nuke my entire hard drive (some of it full of data that I spent many hours working to preserve) only to reinstall Windows. Besides that, I watched all 6 games of the NBA Finals, making those times the only ones where I was actually watching something on TV rather than using it to play Xenogears.

As if that wasn't enough, I managed to have a neighbor connect my router to his broadband modem so that I could have a wireless network to jump on instead of using dial-up, at least until I can pay for my own high-speed cable internet plan. In my attempts to download more fansubbed anime, it seems that on my system at least, uTorrent works much quicker and better than BitTorrent. At the very least, it's better than the most recent version of BitTorrent (4.20.0). Therefore, I'm going to keep using uTorrent...at least long enough to get all available episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll also remember to play around with the template code, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home