Wednesday, August 09, 2006

BOO!

What's that? You say you're not scared? That's great, since I wasn't exactly trying to scare anyone. Also, before anyone asks, no, this post will not discuss any dating tips or relationship advice. If you and your boo are having some kind of problem, I'm afraid you'll be better off on a website geared toward that kind of stuff.

So, what's the ruckus about then? Well, let's just say it combines something that I like but don't really use, and something that I use but don't really like. If you've checked out those two links in the last sentence and are still interested, then allow me to introduce you to The Boo programming language. Combining Python's simple syntax and interpreter with C-Sharp's (C#) access to the .NET library classes and ability to compile straight to executable, Boo is the kind of thing I've spent the past few weeks looking for.

There's also something called IronPython that looks to be highly similar, but I haven't played around with it yet. In the event that I find out IronPython is even better for my coding/programming preferences than Boo, I'll make the switch...and possibly dedicate a future post to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home