Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Trying To Game In Las Vegas

The way in which I found out that Working Designs is set to come back as Gaijinworks was quite amusing now that I think about it. Somehow, I missed this news when it broke out, just learning of it last week when I saw a copy of Elemental Gearbolt for sale. I suppose I was too busy playing NeoGeo Battle Coliseum [YouTube video] inside the store to ask how much it was then. Later, when I did a Wikipedia search, I didn't find any direct info, but I eventually followed enough links to arrive at the Gaijinworks entry, and then to a review of Elemental Gearbolt later. As I expected, when I went to the store again today, the game was gone. Not that I'm upset or surprised...more like tickled pink.

Now, if that little event could qualify as a setback, then I guess the fact that I haven't seen any Guilty Gear XX Slash [YouTube video] or King of Fighters XI [YouTube video] machines in all the places that I've been to within Las Vegas is highly disappointing.

Seeing as that this year's Evo2k tournament is later on this month, I'll be strapped for practice time - if I still really want to go. It would really suck to pay at least $40 only to get humiliated (or 'pwned') by someone who's played more matches against skilled human competition then I've ever played period. At the very least, that means I'd only really have good odds in two of the 10+ games that will be played there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home